Rebecca bring to DS Psychology Group a diverse range of experience. She has completed her Masters in Clinical Psychology and is currently undertaking her registrar program for endorsement as a clinical psychologist. Working with Adolescence and Adults, Rebecca has gained experience in assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a range of mental health difficulties including anxiety (generalised anxiety, social anxiety, OCD, specific phobias), mood disorders, crisis presentations, and sleep difficulties
Rebecca’s approach is warm and non-judgmental, with a focus on working collaboratively with clients within an evidence-based treatment framework to identify their strengths, to set treatment goals to improve quality of life. Throughout her professional career, she has enjoyed working with and developing positive therapeutic relationships both with clients with complex mental health presentations, who have extensive experience with mental health services, and with clients who have never seen a psychologist to demystify the process and reduce anxiety about seeking support for mental health. Rebecca offers a range of psychotherapies to suit individual needs including Cognitive Behaviour therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) and Motivational Interviewing Techniques.
Rebecca is passionate about providing a safe and accepting space for therapy where treatment is drawn from a range of evidence-based therapies and tailored to match her client’s needs and support them in working towards their goals and living a meaningful life.
Client groups and areas of clinical interest
Adults and Adolescents (16+)
- Anxiety (social anxiety, generalised anxiety, OCD)
- Mood difficulties (depression, low mood)
- Assertiveness and effective communication skills training
- Anger management and emotion regulation difficulties
- Life transition and adjustment (workplace, relationships)
- Sleep problems
- Stress (education, workplace, general life stress)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitments Therapy (ACT
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques
Rebecca is available Tuesdays and Fridays at the Ringwood office.