The Psychology Internship Pathway for Success (PIPS) program
At DS Psychology Group our vision is to Foster Hope and Passion for Life! We are dedicated professionals passionate about empowering clients and our team towards personal growth, giving back to the industry that has served us so well for 20+ years and wanting to support provisional psychologists build their clinical competencies. We are providing a unique internship opportunity where provisional psychologists will receive quality training and supervision for an affordable fee but get paid for your client work. You will have the opportunity to build your clinical practice amongst a team that cares about you like family and has a lot of fun along the way!
PsyBA 5 + 1 Internship Program Requirements
Our 5 +1 Psychology Registration Internship Program meets the requirements of the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) for registration as a Provisional Psychologist whilst preparing you for Psychologist General Registration. We are proud of our 100% success rate of submission of case studies, supervision plans, progress reports and final submissions and ask to see our video where students talk directly about their experiences.
- Minimum of 1500 hours of internship
- Minimum of 1360 hours of psychological practice including a minimum of 500 hours of direct client contact
- One hour of supervision for every 17 hours of internship
- Successful completion of Assessment Tasks and National Psychology Exam
The internship program provides a face to face 20-week structured professional development (PD) program which will provide applied therapy knowledge and skills for your clinical psychological practice. The structured 20-week PD program as well as additional internal and on-line training sessions will provide interns with practical and hands-on information to improve intern’s confidence and provide the know-how in working within a clinical counselling role. Our interns have LOVED learning f2f with other students who are at the same stage as them, learning and applying therapy modalities and actively discussing cases. Upon successful completion of the 20-week structured PD interns will receive a “Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy”.
Why choose to do the PIPS program with DS Psychology Group?
- Direct client work and professional practice opportunities including supervision and professional development to meet the PsyBA requirements within the 12-month timeframe, and enjoy permanent part-time employment (see below).
- Comprehensive and detailed onboarding system to provide you with all the information and support you will need to be a part of our team.
- Free on-line PD opportunities
- A large client base and referral network to provide you with a broad and diverse range of clinical presentations to expand your curiosity and passion for clinical work.
- We have a large psychological test library which you will have access to for your clinical work
- We have a large team of psychologists with a broad range of experience both early career and very established clinicians with a huge variety of speciality areas you can learn and gain experience from.
- Unlimited peer supervision groups with a broad range of psychologists in attendance to further learn and draw on their invaluable knowledge in clinical work.
- Purpose-built psychology practice with a great team culture, full administration support and fully furnished rooms allowing for a comfortable and homely workplace.
- DS Psychology Directors are also registered psychologists who have clinical caseloads and so understand the nature of private practice; furthermore, are accessible, open and supportive. In addition, they have over 20 years’ experience in successfully mentoring, supervising and supporting dozens of provisional psychologists through the internship pathway to successful completion and Full Registration as Psychologists.
- The possible opportunity upon successful completion of the internship program and achievement of full general registration to obtain an ongoing position in our team with an already established case load and industry high renumeration.
For any inquiries or to request an information pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9872 6255.
DS Psychology Group conduct information nights for the PIPS program in September and accept applications for the PIPS program from that time with applications being finalised and places confirmed from the November of the preceding year.