BA(Psych Soc), GradDipPsych
Kat has been a registered psychologist since 2011 and has worked in the human services field since 1999. She has experience working in a range of settings including child protective services, family support work, home-base attendant care, behavioural therapy and early intervention services for preschoolers with autism. Kat has also worked as a consultant psychologist in the Mitcham Private Hospital Mother-Baby Unit.
Kat has worked as a counsellor in a private setting since 2007, providing psychotherapy for children, teens and adults with a broad range of presenting issues.
- Parent separation/divorce
- Bullying and friendship issues
- Challenging behaviours
- Sleeping and settling issues
- Social skills
- Confidence and self-esteem concerns
- Postnatal and Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Relationship issues
- Fertility issues and pregnancy planning
- Pregnancy loss – miscarriage and termination
- Grief and Loss
- Identity, confidence and self-esteem concerns
- Life transitions/adjustment problems (job loss, injury, parenthood)
- Children, adolescents and adults
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness training
- Compassion Focused Therapy
Animal Assisted Therapy Service
Kat and her dog Bear have undertaken training and accreditation to provide Animal Assisted Therapy Services. Bear was born in 2018 and is a German Sherpherd who loves trips to the park and learning new tricks. He’ll be in-session with Kat on Tuesdays, bringing comfort, cuddles, play and possibly a mindful walk during therapy.
Kat is mother to three young children and has been married since 2005, a keen gardener and meditator. She is passionate about supporting emotional growth, healing and increased self-compassion in her therapeutic work. She aims to cultivate response, collaborative and attuned relationships; to find the right treatment approach for each individual and to empower clients in creating meaningful and value-based acceptance and change within themselves and in their relationships.
Kat is available for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday day and evening appointments.