BA (Psych), GDipPsych, MEd&DevPsych
Emmalee is a Registered Psychologist and brings to DS Psychology Group specific skills and expertise in testing and assessment across all age groups and has specific qualifications in Educational and Developmental Psychology. Emmalee is passionate about empowering individuals to reach their full potential through precise and comprehensive testing, highlighting their strengths and finding strategies and resources to assist with difficulties.
She has experience in a broad range of areas including cognitive assessments, Autism Spectrum Disorder / Asperger’s Syndrome in both children and adults, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, and conducting careers assessment. She also has experience conducting assessments to support applications for the Department of Education’s Program for Students with Disabilities and VCE Special Provision.
Of particular interest to Emmalee is adult assessment for conditions such as Autism Spectrum Disorder / Asperger’s Syndrome, and helping the client to understand how this condition can impact their everyday life. Some individuals may not have found an explanation for their difficulties earlier in life and are seeking an assessment for self-understanding. Emmalee is committed to working with individuals across the lifespan to assist them in this journey.
Emmalee is approachable and empathetic and helps clients to feel supported throughout the assessment process. She provides each client with the opportunity to discuss their goals and needs, offering a comprehensive service with relevant recommendations, which answers any questions that may arise.
Emmalee also provides counselling for teenagers and adults, and on each individual’s unique qualities and lifestage. She is passionate about assisting individuals using an eclectic approach that is client focused, and which draws on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to develop strategies appropriate to their needs. Emmalee’s training and experience has also given her an interest in working with adults with Autism / Asperger’s Syndrome, particularly those who were diagnosed in adulthood and are seeking support and clarity in facing their daily challenges.
Emmalee can provide Counselling for adolescents (15+) and adults.
- Anxiety (generalised & social)
- Emotional awareness and regulation
- Stress and burnout
- Social skills
- Self-understanding, insight, and adjustment concerns (in response to new diagnoses, changes in life circumstances etc)
Emmalee can provide assessments for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Cognitive assessments – general cognitive functioning, Intellectual Disability, Giftedness/high intellectual potential
- Behaviour and neurodevelopmental assessments – Autism Spectrum Disorder / Asperger’s Syndrome, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning/academic achievement assessments – general difficulties, Specific Learning Disorders such as dyslexia
- Careers assessments for adolescents, school leavers, or adults
- Adaptive functioning – daily living skills
Emmalee is available for counselling on Wednesdays and assessments on Fridays.